Split, Croatian Conservation Institute, Split Conservation Department, July 2002
The fifty years of conservators' work in Split was presented for the opening of a new Croatian Conservation Institute building. In 1954 a conservation workshop within the former Conservation Department for Dalmatia was founded. The town of Split thus became the second centre of continuous conservation activity, after Zagreb, where the Institute for the Restoration of Works of Art with the Croatian Academy of Arts and Sciences was founded in 1948. The Split workshop was founded by Cvito Fisković, an academician and the then director of the Conservation Department for Dalmatia.
Vukovar, Vukovar Town Museum, May 2002
An exhibition presented the first five paintings, oils on canvas, after they were looted during the war, and subsequently returned by the Novi Sad City Museum and the Museum of Vojvodina to its owner – the Vukovar Town Museum.
Dubrovnik, the Duke’s Palace, July-August 2001
The exhibition was a follow-up to the one staged in February 2000, when 43 graphic sheets were exhibited from a rich and valuable collection of the Dubrovnik Museums, dating from the 16th to the 20th century.
Varaždin, April 2001
An exhibition of photo documentation was staged to present the research and conservation work performed on the building of the Croatian National Theatre in Varaždin.