The cathedral of St. Mark is located within the walls of the town of Korčula, made out of stone extracted from nearby quarries (petrali) and built over several centuries through architectural knowledge and stonemasons’ skills of many masters – “…several stone-carving generations worked and each left signs of their time. The first generations gave, at the beginning of the 15th century, when Romanesque traditions were still present, Romanesque strength and stability in construction, the second generation in mid-15th century adorned it with stone decor, which was solid and mathematically calculated at the base of the building, and flamboyant and free at the top.
Varaždinske Toplice was mentioned for the first time in the decree of King Bela III issued in Székesfehérvár in 1181 as the property of the Chapter in Zagreb. Parish church of St. Martin the Bishop (sancti Martini de Toplica), an important monument of Gothic-Baroque sacral architecture and an urban and historic landmark in Varaždinske Toplice, is located in the centre of the former citadel.
The parish church of the Holy Ghost is located in the centre of Feričanci. It was first mentioned in 1801 when the construction of the church began. Before the church was built, service was held in the one-nave wooden chapel of St. Bartholomew from the 17th century, located in the present-day parish courtyard. Since the parish in Feričanci was founded without a proper sacral building, a church was built in 1803 on the initiative of Maksimilijan Vrhovac, bishop of Zagreb, and under the patronage of Ivan Karlo pl. Mihalović.
Church of the Holy Cross, as the old parish church in the city of Donji Križ (Cris, Crisa), was built inside a separate fort outside its walls. Written sources mention it for the first time in 1232. A Romanesque church was originally built on the site. The basic layout and spatial organization of today’s building was created in the Gothic period, during the 14th and 15th centuries. The properly oriented, polygonal sanctuary is opened with a triumphal arch, surmounted by a rib vault and illuminated by high biforas. The entrance to the rectangular nave of the church is through portals on the west and south façades. The nave was covered with a Baroque vault between 1714 and 1718, and each of the four vaulted fields is illuminated by a Baroque window. The bell tower was built in mid-17th century. Its design with Art Nouveau elements, as well as the design of the sacristy, was created during the renovation of the church in early 20th century, based on the project of architect Stjepan Podhorski.