Editors: Višnja Bralić, Ana Azinović Bebek (archaeological heritage)
Languages: Croatian, abstracts in English
259 pp., with CD, soft cover, 74×29.7 cm
RP: 80.00 HRK (available at Sveučilišna knjižara Dominović)
Portal is a yearly scientific and professional journal of the Croatian Conservation Institute, covering a wide range of topics in the field of cultural heritage protection.
Articles (in the second issue of the journal) address various topics: from theoretical reflections and the history of conservation-restoration practice in Croatia to accounts of long-term and comprehensive conservation-restoration works, such as those in the Old Town of Hrvatska Kostajnica or the results of individual investigations like the analysis of the stone-masonry markings on the Veliki Tabor Castle or the research of the Kaštel Palace in Tar. In addition to these, the complex conservation-restoration work on the sculptures from the Cres Museum, the textiles from the Varaždin City Museum, relics from Hvar and an iron canon discovered underwater off Stari Grad in the island of Hvar. The latter called for a considered approach regarding the methods used and the final presentation of the artefact.
The articles presenting topics in the field of archaeological heritage bring the results of the investigation of the “C” tower in the Veliki Tabor Castle, ancient shipwrecks with stone sarcophagi and an account of conservation-restoration work on an Easter egg from the 2nd half of the 15th century, found at the Gudovac-Gradina site near Bjelovar.
Same as last year, the second part of the journal presents the conservation-restoration work of the Croatian Conservation Institute in 2010.« (from the Introduction by Ferdinand Meder).
- Ferdinand Meder: Introduction [PDF: 49 KB]
- Branimir Rašpica: Few restoration projects of mural paintings in continental Croatia and the work of Ana Deanović [PDF: 8 MB]
- Edita Šurina: Stone-masonry markings on Veliki Tabor [PDF: 8 MB]
- Drago Miletić, Marija Valjato Fabris: Old Town in Hrvatska Kostajnica. Conservation and restoration works – from the onset to the final presentation [PDF: 11.9 MB]
- Petar Puhmajer: Floor plan reconstruction of the Kaštel Palace in Tar [PDF: 6.6 MB]
- Zlatko Jurić, Martina Strugar, Franko Ćorić: Discussions about Bakač's tower in Zagreb in 1901: “This awkward, ugly tower…” or “…a characteristic example of medieval defence fortification” [PDF: 17.9 MB]
- Ivan Srša: Should we reconsider the old masters' experience? On how to approach historical painted façades and/or façades with painted images [PDF: 13.3 MB]
- Marko Špikić: Conserve or restore? Camillo Boito's texts on the protection of cultural heritage, 1884 to 1886 [PDF: 3.3 MB]
- Sagita Mirjam Sunara: Restoration of the polyptych by Vittore Carpaccio from the Zadar Cathedral after the Second World War [PDF: 3.5 MB]
- Nevena Krstulović: Conservation and restoration works on the statues of St. Jerome and St. Blaise from the Museum of Cres [PDF: 10.2 MB]
- Ivana Nina Unković: Problems of presentation of damaged wooden reliquaries from the cathedral of Pope St. Stephen in Hvar [PDF: 5.8 MB]
- Ivo Donelli: The conservation and restoration of the underwater iron canon from Stari Grad on the island of Hvar [PDF: 3.9 MB]
- Edo Anušić: Pakra monastery iconostases [PDF: 11.7 MB]
- Branka Regović: Conservation and restoration works on the dress from the collection of Textiles and Fashion Accessories of the Varaždin City Museum [PDF: 5 MB]
- Sandra Šustić: The art of retouching in theory and practice [PDF: 10.8 MB]
- Igor Miholjek, Igor Mihajlović: Ancient shipwrecks with sarcophagi cargo in Dalmatia [PDF: 2.7 MB]
- Ivana Hirschler, Vinko Madiraca: Archaeological investigation of the ground floor interior in tower “C” of the Veliki Tabor Castle [PDF: 7.4 MB]
- Mihael Golubić: Preservation and restoration of the medieval Easter egg from archaeological site Gudovac-Gradina [PDF: 2.4 MB]
Integral version of the issue, screen resolution [PDF: 14.7 MB]