Texts by: F. Meder, R. Tomić, B. Pavazza, B. Matulić
Languages: Croatian, English
16 pp., 17×23 cm
The fifty years of conservators' work in Split was presented for the opening of a new Croatian Conservation Institute building. In 1954 a conservation workshop within the former Conservation Department for Dalmatia was founded. The town of Split thus became the second centre of continuous conservation activity, after Zagreb where the Institute for the Restoration of Works of Art with the Croatian Academy of Arts and Sciences was founded in 1948. The Split workshop was founded by Cvito Fisković, an academician and the then director of the Conservation Department for Dalmatia.