The cathedral of St. Mark is located within the walls of the town of Korčula, made out of stone extracted from nearby quarries (petrali) and built over several centuries through architectural knowledge and stonemasons’ skills of many masters – “…several stone-carving generations worked and each left signs of their time. The first generations gave, at the beginning of the 15th century, when Romanesque traditions were still present, Romanesque strength and stability in construction, the second generation in mid-15th century adorned it with stone decor, which was solid and mathematically calculated at the base of the building, and flamboyant and free at the top.
The tenth issue of Portal journal, annual scientific and professional publication of the Croatian Conservation Institute, features twelve scientific and expert papers that cover topics concerning the protection of cultural heritage. There are five original scientific articles, three preliminary notifications, one overview and three professional papers.
Varaždinske Toplice was mentioned for the first time in the decree of King Bela III issued in Székesfehérvár in 1181 as the property of the Chapter in Zagreb. Parish church of St. Martin the Bishop (sancti Martini de Toplica), an important monument of Gothic-Baroque sacral architecture and an urban and historic landmark in Varaždinske Toplice, is located in the centre of the former citadel.
The parish church of the Holy Ghost is located in the centre of Feričanci. It was first mentioned in 1801 when the construction of the church began. Before the church was built, service was held in the one-nave wooden chapel of St. Bartholomew from the 17th century, located in the present-day parish courtyard. Since the parish in Feričanci was founded without a proper sacral building, a church was built in 1803 on the initiative of Maksimilijan Vrhovac, bishop of Zagreb, and under the patronage of Ivan Karlo pl. Mihalović.