The booklet is published to mark the partial completion of conservation work on the Gothic choir stalls in St. Anastasia Cathedral in Zadar. Originally painted in vivid colours, the richly decorated and manifold stalls (with as many as 54 seats) were made by the Venetian wood carver Matej Moronzon on the commission of the Archbishop of Zadar Luka Turriani of Fermo in 1418.
The collection of six papers on the history of St. Mark’s Church was published to mark the completion of its year-long renovation. Croatian Conservation Institute, which supervised the larger part of the renovation, initiated the monograph, aiming to compile all existing insights into the construction history of the church, which revealed it to be a particularly multi-layered monument.
Papers in the latest issue are arranged according to a previously established structural division (Immovable, Movable and Archaeological heritage) and comprise various topics. Architectural heritage is represented by two articles focusing on the history of mansion construction, their valorization and guidelines/recommendations for renovation – the Opeka Mansion in Marčan and the Jakovlje Mansion (Petar Puhmajer and Viki Jakaša Borić). The chapter covering immovable heritage is opened by two papers from a specific discipline...