Varaždinske Toplice was mentioned for the first time in the decree of King Bela III issued in Székesfehérvár in 1181 as the property of the Chapter in Zagreb. Parish church of St. Martin the Bishop (sancti Martini de Toplica), an important monument of Gothic-Baroque sacral architecture and an urban and historic landmark in Varaždinske Toplice, is located in the centre of the former citadel.
The parish church of the Holy Ghost is located in the centre of Feričanci. It was first mentioned in 1801 when the construction of the church began. Before the church was built, service was held in the one-nave wooden chapel of St. Bartholomew from the 17th century, located in the present-day parish courtyard. Since the parish in Feričanci was founded without a proper sacral building, a church was built in 1803 on the initiative of Maksimilijan Vrhovac, bishop of Zagreb, and under the patronage of Ivan Karlo pl. Mihalović.
Church of the Holy Cross, as the old parish church in the city of Donji Križ (Cris, Crisa), was built inside a separate fort outside its walls. Written sources mention it for the first time in 1232. A Romanesque church was originally built on the site. The basic layout and spatial organization of today’s building was created in the Gothic period, during the 14th and 15th centuries. The properly oriented, polygonal sanctuary is opened with a triumphal arch, surmounted by a rib vault and illuminated by high biforas. The entrance to the rectangular nave of the church is through portals on the west and south façades. The nave was covered with a Baroque vault between 1714 and 1718, and each of the four vaulted fields is illuminated by a Baroque window. The bell tower was built in mid-17th century. Its design with Art Nouveau elements, as well as the design of the sacristy, was created during the renovation of the church in early 20th century, based on the project of architect Stjepan Podhorski.
Parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Vrbnik was first mentioned in the 14th century as a court building, and in 1579 Agostino Valier referred to it as a three-nave church of smaller dimensions. Its rich history is confirmed by numerous inscriptions written in Glagolitic script and preserved in situ. Based on these inscriptions, we know that the extensive renovation of the church began in 1585, and a new sanctuary was built in 1592.